Tuesday, March 22, 2011

MACLAREN QUEST SPORT vs APRICA 3.7Kg

Wow I have been neglecting to blog! I haven't stopped buying and trying, so I will try to update as best I can.

Last you heard, I had bought a Phil & Ted's double stroller for an overseas holiday. I was very excited about the purchase until a week before we flew off, and my mother pointed out a very basic flaw in my pram plan - what if we need to split up (during shopping or what not), who is going to handle both kids? And what if one child is asleep and one child is awake? Wouldn't it be more convenient to have two light prams?

My wise wise mother. How come mothers are always right?

So I shelved the P&T pram and went on a quest (no pun intended) for a second light pram. I already had an old and trusty, ultra-light Aprica pram (pictured below) - which I am told has been discontinued, but they have newer and similar models available now.


My first instinct was to buy another Aprica - since I love mine so much, but I had forgotten how expensive they were! And that kind of investment was not an option.

Then we thought, "Combi?" and very nearly settled on one, but the Combi and Aprica prams tend to be on the small side, and I really needed one to fit my three and a half year old, 15kg daughter. Most of the Combis and Apricas can only take weight of up to 15kg.

So we checked out the Maclaren prams. A little heavier than I wanted (5.5kg minus hood), but the designs were nice, it could take up to 18kg of weight (said the shopgirl), and it was very very affordable (under S$300).


This is the model we bought. I just loved the splash of acid green on the visor!

Anyway, here is my comparison between the Aprica and the Maclaren Quest. (Click on the image to enlarge)


Verdict? If you can only afford one pram, I would highly recommend the Maclaren Quest. It's got everything you want and will last you a long time. If you can afford to indulge a little and want a very light pram, nothing beats the Aprica. It's really the most convenient pram I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment