Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WET BAGS DON'T STAY DRY


A few months ago, I ordered a few 'wet bags' from a local online shop. When I travel with the kids, my suitcase is filled with ziplock bags that I use to compartmentalise and organise all their stuff. I thought these wet bags would be a more eco-friendly option.

They weren't exactly cheap. Prices ranged from $18.90 for a small one to $33.90 for an X-large one. But I thought, why not? They purportedly could even transport wet swimwear, so what a great investment. Right?

Ordering/ payment was simple and efficient. Then the bags were delivered promptly within two weeks (as they are supposed to be handmade). I was a little surprised that they were quite heavy - although this is probably due to the waterproof material sewn into the lining of the bag.

Anyway, I brought it along on my trip to the US, and used one to put my baby's milk bottles on the airplane. Halfway through our very long flight, my husband felt a few drops of liquid on his head - it turns out that a half empty bottle of milk and leaked and the 'wet bag' did NOTHING to contain the spilled milk!

At first I thought it was because of the amount of liquid that had come out, so I started using the wet bag for toiletries instead. Can you believe that a damp toothbrush soaked through?

So much for it keeping things from getting wet! I was so disappointed but it was mildly ironic that these bags lived up to their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment